Thursday, December 30, 2010

rumi

In your light I learn how to love.
In your beauty, how to make poems.
You dance inside my chest,
Where noone sees you,
but sometimes I do,
and then sight becomes this art.


Spring Giddiness

Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.


The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.


I would love to kiss you.
The price of kissing is your life.
Now my loving is running toward my life shouting,
What a bargain, let's buy it.


Daylight, full of small dancing particles
and the one great turning, our souls
are dancing with you, without feet, they dance.
Can you see them when I whisper in your ear?


All day and night, music,
a quiet, bright
reedsong. If it
fades, we fade.


how very close

how very close

is your soul with mine

i know for sure

everything you think

goes through my mind

i am with you

now and doomsday

not like a host

caring for you

at a feast alone

with you i am happy

all the times

the time i offer my life

or the time

you gift me your love

offering my life

is a profitable venture

each life i give

you pay in turn

a hundred lives again

in this house

there are a thousand

dead and still souls

making you stay

as this will be yours

a handful of earth

cries aloud

i used to be hair or

i used to be bones

and just the moment

when you are all confused

leaps forth a voice

hold me close

i'm love and

i'm always yours



    A moment of happiness,

    you and I sitting on the verandah,

    apparently two, but one in soul, you and I.

    We feel the flowing water of life here,

    you and I, with the garden's beauty

    and the birds singing.

    The stars will be watching us,

    and we will show them

    what it is to be a thin crescent moon.

    You and I unselfed, will be together,

    indifferent to idle speculation, you and I.

    The parrots of heaven will be cracking sugar

    as we laugh together, you and I.

    In one form upon this earth,

    and in another form in a timeless sweet land.


I swear, since seeing Your face,

the whole world is fraud and fantasy

The garden is bewildered as to what is leaf

or blossom. The distracted birds

can't distinguish the birdseed from the snare.

A house of love with no limits,

a presence more beautiful than venus or the moon,

a beauty whose image fills the mirror of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment